Griller packed chicken from the Meat and Potato Company is perfect for a family of 4 to 8 and great for the grill! It comes with 2 large all natural bone in and skin on chicken breasts, and 4 drum sticks.
I always start by thawing the product overnight in the fridge then starting about 2 hours before dinner is to be ready.
- Start with a sprinkle of Salt and Pepper along with any other seasonings you like. I also like Season Salt.
- I then add 1 cup of BBQ sauce and 1 cup temped water to a bowl and mix well. Add this to the chicken and let marinate for about an hour in the fridge.
- 15 minutes before grilling I start the pellet grill and get it warmed up. The perfect temp for chicken is the 350 degree mark.
- Add the large breasts to the grill about 15 minutes before the drum sticks. This will help make the finish times coincide a little better.
- While turning the chicken on the grill I coat with bbq sauce regularly.
- I am a temp hound. Do Not Overcook the chicken. I pull the Breasts at 150 internal temp. they will continue to cook when removed. If you cook until 165. you will have overcooked and dry chicken. 165 is the recommended chicken cooking temperature for safety.
- Let chicken rest for a few moments before "Getting Sticky fingers"!!