This is a super quick recipe for the true Idahoan!! This recipe includes 3- giant russet potatoes and Falls Brand Bacon from the Meat and Potato Company.
- Start by cutting the potatoes in chunks and boiling until fork tender then drain.
- Cut 1# of Falls Brand Bacon into small pieces then cook until crisp on the edges, then drain any remaining fat.
- On a cookie sheet add the potatoes then smash. Add a generous amount of butter to the potatoes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shredded cheese of your choice to the potatoes.
- Finally add the Falls Brand Bacon to the top and put in the oven at 300 until the cheese is melted. I also top with chives or chopped green onions as well.
This dish can be portioned for for as many as 12 people. Super affordable and amazing dish. It can also be made as a side!